Saturday, 28 March 2015

Kirsty Smith - Neale





Neale's works are ones to look at more closely for they are presented using a fine line and small details. She takes a more graphic approach when it comes to her business cards but still follows the clear concise lines in her illustrations. The small pops of colours help further the capturing of character and atmosphere of the places she has illustrated. The neutral colours used for the main background make the illustrations the centre of attention. 
It is clear that I am very interested in illustrating a place/ building when it comes to my own work so once again my initial attraction to Neales work is obvious. It is the simplicity of her final pieces with the fine lines and the fact they are in postcard form. I like the idea of being able to apply a piece of work to lots of different merchandise whilst it still being aesthetically successful. Although presented only on postcards, I can see her work would work well on other things such as, like Harriet Plaskitt, a tea towel or other useful homeware pieces. 
Her hand crafted slim line boxes finish off the piece as a whole and is something I wish to experiment with for final touches with my projects. I feel that with these small additions to a final piece will make the work as a whole more successful. 

www.kirstysn.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment