When it came to Becky Lees's work I was initially attracted to the subject matter of buildings and architectural patterns. These kinds of thing crop up in my own work too so I was instantly intrigued. Her colouring book full of compositional variation brings more excitement to it. With some pages full of repeat patterns with architectural qualities and other pages of stand alone buildings, the jump from one to the other keeps the audiences attention.
A colouring book allows the audience to get involved with the final outcome of the illustration. They can manipulate it to answer to their owns tastes further with the use of colour.
Her bunting and business cards correlate to the type of work she creates so make for a recognisable brand. In terms of a professional outlook, this will be something I am going to be designing and creating. Business cards with clear contact details to allow for self promotion will help along the process of networking with potential clients making for a memorable contact.
When it comes to my own practice, I like the idea of having the audience being involved with the final product. However, the main focus of a final product would be the buildings I would illustrate. Lees's work has inspired me when it comes to seeking out new place to draw as reference. The small touches like the bunting are things I will now be considering with my own work. Extra little promotional material will only ever be a good thing along with a main focus final piece.
I think I will need to take more into consideration the target audience of my work and how I will aim it at them the most successfully. Once I have pinned down where my target audience lies, I think overall, my work could be more of a success.
For me, I would say that Becky Lees product and illustrations answers to wide range of tastes making for a successful piece which inspires me to think of the smaller things to help along the self promotion process.
www.beckyleesillustration.co.uk
www.beckyleesillustration.co.uk



No comments:
Post a Comment