Wednesday, 15 April 2015

Creative CV's

I will produce a creative cv that I can adapt and change if necessary but I have done some initial research to inform my approach to the task. I have chosen a few CV's to analyse so I can see what is successful and what isn't so i can apply my findings to my own.



For me, this one is too overrun by the image. Whilst it gives an insight into what could be the nature of this persons practice, I feel like the image is too specific and may limit the kind of work you are offered. With my CV, I want to give hints and present some elements of the kind of work that I do so that the employer is informed but I am not going to be limited to the idea that I only do a certain type of work. The written information is concise and relevant which I will also be doing with mine.


This one is sided more towards the outcome I wish to achieve. With elements of their practice coming through but not too much to pin them down as doing a limited selection of work. Their information is clear and again to the point and presented in a personal way with a selected typography. 


A much more graphic and very simple approach here. Whilst it is creative and is directed towards something this person is possibly inspired by or their work it directed towards I feel it doesn't give as much information as I'd like to give. However, it is an interesting, simplistic concept. 


The separation of image to text is for me, a good balance. Like the others hints as to what kind of work they produce is given with there again being good amounts of information that isn't overwhelming. The hints of colours and recognisable symbols with the writing makes it more engaging and a memorable CV.
I will be editing and developing my own version of a creative CV to try achieve the effect I want taking into consideration ones I have seen and will continue to look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment