For my work experience I decided to enter into competitions so as to expose my work to a wider audience. This is what I have been wanting to do more with my work so I feel this was a good step to take in order to partially fulfil this. I entered two competing with 2 piece for one and 4 pieces for the other. The Cheltenham Illustration Awards 2015 and Hiii Illustration 2015 International Competition were the two I entered. Now that I have developed my practice and the process I take to come to a final outcome, I feel this was a successful submission as I was able to show a few different pieces of mine that still focused on the approach I take to a brief interns of an outcome.
In terms of illustration in the professional world, allowing myself to have exposure to new people can only be beneficial and as it allows for me to show off my best pieces and gives me the confidence to continue with the nature of my practice as this has developed a lot recently.
Whilst waiting upon the outcome of these competitions I can further my exposure with more competitions and also take time to refine further my practice and process so as to be more prepared with future work and entries. These are the first competitions I have entered so I feel that professionally I am still learning and will be more prepared in the future with other competitions.
The two pieces I entered into The Cheltenham Illustration Awards competition. produced the pieces with the same thoughts and idea and behind them so they are in a way variations of each other.
For the Hiii Illustration 2015 International Competition there was a very open brief. I was therefore able to select pieces that show off the kind of work I produce. I chose 4 to use for this.
The two pieces I entered into The Cheltenham Illustration Awards competition. produced the pieces with the same thoughts and idea and behind them so they are in a way variations of each other.
For the Hiii Illustration 2015 International Competition there was a very open brief. I was therefore able to select pieces that show off the kind of work I produce. I chose 4 to use for this.






No comments:
Post a Comment