As a group of 6, we were given the task to produce poster that were typography based and with limited to no illustrations. We chose to use the subject of 'Things Your Mum Say.' This was a relatable subject to many so I found it be a fun little project to do.
We brainstormed our ideas to come up with a few choices we could choose from.
1) Eating your crusts will give you curly hair.
2) Nettles don't sting in august.
3) The harmful rays go after 3pm.
4) Don't sit too close to the TV or you'll get square eyes.
5) Carrots make you see in the dark.
6) Santa's real.
7) Don't eat yellow snow.
8) Don't let the bed bugs bite.
9) If the wind changes your face will stay that way.
We each chose one to do and experimented with typography to see what would work best.
We all discussed our experiments and developments so we could make informed decisions when it come to the final piece. This process was very helpful and I was able to adjust my ideas and combine things to make it the best piece it could be from my developments.
This was my final piece. I think the typography takes centre stage but I felt it needed some other element to represent the phrase so I added some patterned details to infer the nettles. Bringing this element to it I think make it a lot more visual appealing along with the added colour to correlate to the them of the piece.
I enjoyed working in a group to discuss the ideas and development but when it came to an outcome working individually worked best for me. With further projects I will seek advice and constructive criticism when necessary so as to get an outsiders take on my work so I can develop it further if necessary.



No comments:
Post a Comment