Creating a CV catered towards my illustration skills will be a professional step to take with my practice and I now have a better understanding of what established companies/ industries will be looking for. Sometimes it may be a risk to be more creative with the presentation however, when it comes to freelancing, producing a CV that targets a clients brief may be more of an advantage. Analysing and researching a brief, client or company will be an important step to take so I have a better understanding of what they already offer and previous work they have produced.
Some definite things I will have to include when writing a CV are; academic and additional skills, industry related professional experience, links to a blog or website that should be up to date and active, additional work I have done (e.g. awards, published work, prizes) and some interests of mine to show another side to me. These things are things I could write further in depth about and relate back to my practice but still keeping in my mind that every word counts and a lasting impression needs to be made.
I think if I want successful CV then I will need more than one. One that is catered towards a freelance style (brief targeted) and another that is more generic about my work but still honed in on my specific skills as an illustrator.
Alongside my CV I will begin to consider a logo I could design or a branding name that I could possibly include in future work to make myself more recognisable. I could then include the logo as the only image on my CV so that potential employer can relate it back to me.
Whilst keeping the main content of my CV specific I think adding little touches like the logo and my extra interests could be something to make myself more memorable however, I don't want these things to take attention away from the main body of my CV as this is more important.
I will take all of my observations into account and try and combine them to produce one or more successful CV's.
No comments:
Post a Comment