As an illustrator I am very
interested in the idea of doing freelance work and being more independent and
proactive with my organization of presenting my work. I would like to develop
my skills when it comes to my use of pattern alongside a narrative; however, I
still wish to be constantly experimenting with techniques and styles so as not
to limit my practice and myself. For example, I want to develop my colour use
to quite an extent and my figure drawings so they are not a disadvantage to me
in the future.
Entering into competitions would
be great practice for getting my work seen by a wider audience so I am going to
be taking pro-active steps to find ones I can enter. It’s important for me to
be constantly making my work more accessible and seen by others and some great
experience as I can network with the people involved in these competitions.
This will be my main target when it comes to my work experience. I have
identified a select few print processes that I enjoy doing so I want to further
my skills when it comes to these and integrate them more into my work so I can
have as much experience and knowledge as I can. I would therefore find it
useful to do some work experience involving printing to see how it works in a
more professional environment.
Doing research or having first
hand experience in the world of publishing or agents is something I wish to
have more knowledge on for future reference. I wish to know more about the
process of getting publishing or having an agent and how it could benefit my
practice and commissions. I will be doing my own research into these matters to
further my knowledge.
I have found a selection of
competitions that I will consider taking part in to go towards my work
experience.
·
Penguin
Design Award 2015
·
V&A
Illustration Awards 2015
·
The Book
Illustration Competition 2015
·
Posterheroes
Social Communication Contest
·
Embracing
Our Differences 2015 Call For Artists
A few illustrators/ artists I
could interview or research previous interviews of are;
·
Sarah
McMenemy
·
Will Morris
·
Nick White
·
Dawn Cooper
·
Nigel Peake
No comments:
Post a Comment