Thursday, 13 November 2014

Papio Press




Having insight into the world of Etsy was very useful and something I'd never considered before. The owners of the PapioPress shop on Etsy gave me more information on the matter. 
The basics come back down to networking. Liking other peoples stores and their products will be a way to get yourself noticed by others. 
A collaboration between artists to set up this store would be something I would consider doing as I would need further advice or research on financial sides to the situation. For example, the price you would have to charge per product for there to be enough of a profit to continue the business. 
The PapioPress owners have their products selling on more than one platform. Again this will help get the name out there and their products seen by a wider audience. If I were to do this then I could possibly take advantage of followers I already had on social media platforms to help along with getting my products heard about and then build from there by advertising as much and effectively as possible. If something like this was to be a success then branching out from this to gain commission work may be slightly easier as you have a wider range of possible customers and a well established platform to advertise further.
 I found that it was the work they created when there wasn't a specific brief and was more for their personal use that made its way into the PapioPress store. It has made me want to produce more work just for my own pleasure as it may be useful in the future and could integrate into other projects or possibly develop into something like products on Etsy. Upon previous research I have found that illustrators have used rough sketches and personal work more and develop these further to produce successful products. This inspires me to be producing more work on a regular basis for reference and future inspirations such as an Etsy store.
Whether or not an Etsy store or something along these lines is something I decide could be for me or not, I still wish to learn and research more the financial side of these kinds of situations as it will be useful information for the future. I will also do more in depth research on the Etsy world too see if it could be something I am interested in starting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment