The opportunity to have a in depth lecture from 3 established illustrators Will Morris, Nick White and Ben Newman, was an extremely useful insight into the working world of illustration. Three varying styles from the illustrators but all gave very useful information. I gained some new information from the symposium.
From the illustrators Will Morris, Nick White and Ben Newman I learnt these few thing; there are 4 key ares to making your work readily available for publishers, other illustrators, agencies or the general public, those being events, competitions, networking and storing ideas. I will therefore be more active when it comes to entering my own work into competitions so I can gain experience and allow my work to be seen by a wider audience. I will be considering competitions as part of my work experience. In doing so I will be more in contact with other people in the industry and see what other work is out there too therefore my networking skills would improve.
When it comes to storing my ideas then having a small notebook or sketchbook handy at all times so I can visually record inspiring things I see, hear, read or watch daily.
I will begin to actively track my progress and developments using a blog format. Seeing my work development and making this process accessible to an outside audience will again make my work seen more by others which may brings opportunities forward.
In the long run having a pro-active portfolio thats updated with my best work will be beneficial if I ever decide to take my work to agents. The idea of an agent will be something I need to research more in depth in the future when I decide it is the right step for me.
![]() |
| Will Morris (source) |
![]() |
| Nick White (source) |
![]() |
| Ben Newman (source) |



No comments:
Post a Comment